I wanted to share my big, bold, and bodacious financial goals for 2014 with you.
2014 Financial Goals
- Earn $35k more in 2014 than I did in 2013
- Ask for raise or get a new job with higher salary (goal is to make $5,000-$10,000 more in 2014 than I did in 2013 through my full time work); and
- Earn $25,000.00 doing freelance/ consulting work on the side.
- Save $45k cash
- Pay off $45k of student loans with cash saved and reduce outstanding student loan debt to around $130k
- Invest $5k in 401(k)
- Invest $2,500 in Index Fund
- Increase net worth by approximately $60,000.00
- Have an emergency fund of $15,000.00
- Cut spending
- Pay off credit cards in full each month & don't acquire new debt
- Save $1,000.00 for vacation and actually take a vacation this year
- Donate $150 to charitable causes
- Find creative ways to be more generous to my loved ones
These goals are very ambitious for me and will definitely take me out of my comfort zone. I like a good challenge, so let's see how many of these I will have accomplished by the end of the year.
What are your financial (and personal) goals for 2014?