Thursday, February 13, 2014

Coulda Woulda Shoulda...

On the way home from work yesterday, I started thinking about "what ifs"...  You know how that goes.  What would my life have been like if I hadn't gone to graduate school?  What if I had gone to a lower ranked school and taken that scholarship?  What if I had worked more during school (mind you, I have been working since I was 15)?  What if, what if, what if...

It didn't take me long to realize that this kind of thinking doesn't lead anywhere good.  As you can imagine, it leads to thoughts of negativity, envy, and doubt.  Thinking this way does not come from a position of strength or confidence, but rather weakness and fear.  And anyone who is going to eliminate almost $200,000 of debt must do so from a position of strength, power, and confidence.

One of my goals is to catch myself when I think about the "what ifs" and instead think of the "what next?"  I can't change the past.  All I can do is accept it and move forward to progress in my life.  I can and will shift my attitudes towards money and make conscientious choices going forward.  I'm not only going to build a plan to crush this debt, but I'm also going to build the confidence needed to take on such a massive endeavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment