Friday, February 28, 2014

I Did It! I Paid Off My Two Smallest Student Loans!!!!!!

I never thought this day would come.

I am very proud to announce that I have officially taken the first big step towards paying off my student loans.  I have PAID OFF IN FULL two of my smallest student loans.  One was in the amount of $2,114.48 and the other was in the amount of $2,128.50.  The total payoff amount that was made today to pay both these loans off was $4,261.56.

By doing this, I have also reduced my monthly student loan payments by $100.00.  WOOHOO!  These are baby steps in relation to the total amount of loans outstanding, but I still think this calls for a celebration!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Great job!! Are you planning to use the snowball method and use the payments that would go to these loans towards the next one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee, I'm actually trying a more flexible method that I think will work better for me. Check back on the blog soon for a more detailed account of my debt payoff plan.

    ReplyDelete